Continuous Integration and Drupal
Note: this description needs to be updated.
Austin Smith, David Strauss, Josh Koenig, Stewart Robinson and Moshe Weitzman present real-world lessons learned and practical how-to examples for creating a robust Continuous Integration environment for enterprise-level Drupal development.
This talk will briefly explain the concept and value Continuous Integration (CI), but focus primarily on the nuts and bolts challenges and techniques of getting a CI environment working with Drupal. The touchstone for our presentation is a case-study of the infrastructure developed by The Economist Group (economist.com) to utilize four teams in five timezones from London to California to effectively collaborate on developing a complex, high performance Drupal application.
Specific topics we will cover include:
- Continuous integration overview: what it is, how it works,why it rocks
- Using Amazon EC2 to build a low-cost testing cluster
- Configuring Hudson to manage your integration processes
- Triggering simpletests for automatic unit testing
- Using jMeter to benchmark your application
- Setting up selenium for functional testing with multiple browsers