Introduction to testing with Drupal: SimpleTest
The session will cover the basics of SimpleTest in terms to workflow and API. It is aimed at those who are new to testing with Drupal or who want to affirm their knowledge.
The main areas to be covered are as follows.
- Introduction to the testing methodology used by Drupal core.
- Introduction to the basic SimpleTest API and format.
- A good workflow to use when writing tests.
- Testing related debugging tools and concepts.
- Common mistakes explained and the solutions shown.
- Demonstrate how the tests are run and managed by the automated testing system.
- Provide tips on how to test your own code.
After attending this session attendees should be able to begin writing tests for Drupal core, contributed modules, and custom code.