Accelerated grid theming using NineSixty
This session will be co-presented by Todd Nienkerk of Four Kitchens.
Finding the proper starting point for a theme is a long drawn out process for any themer. We struggle with either maintaining our own base theme, starting from Garland, creating a Zen sub-theme, or just writing something from scratch.
- Brief history of grid-based design.
- Philosophy behind 960.gs + How it works.
- Basics of grid-based theming.
- How the NineSixty theme implements and expands on 960.gs.
- Content-ﬁrst layout using "push" and "pull" classes.
- Dynamic grid widths based on context.
- Debugging tools and grid visualization.
- Right-to-left (RTL) language support.
- Creating versatile, dynamic, and context-based layouts using NineSixty.
- Subtheming NineSixty.
- How to build your own, custom grid system.
- Fluid 960gs?
As Todd and I work towards an outline of the project based off his previous work, and where we might be able to expand the presentation for Drupalcon, this session description will be updated.