Make a Module: A Hands-on Intro to Module Development
Interested in learning how to develop a custom Drupal module? This is a practical session designed to introduce you to module development.
Get hands-on. Bring your laptop and build your own module as we go. (Of course, you're welcome to just listen.)
We will cover:
- Basic module architecture
- .info files and .module files
- Using hooks
- Using existing Drupal APIs
- Finding documentation
- Installing and uninstalling
By the end of this session, we will have created a functional module.
- Some Drupal knowledge
- Some PHP knowledge
If you want to write your own module as you go, you will need a laptop with...
- A text editor or PHP IDE.
- A Drupal install that you can access easily. I suggest a local copy running on your laptop.